By Ronald Delegge Last year, Warren Buffett said he would direct the trustees of his estate to put 90% of his remaining assets in an S&P 500 index fund and 10% in short-term government bonds. Is there a better approach for individual investors... (full story)
Here is a look at the 25 best and 25 worst ETFs from the past trading week. Traders can use this list to find prospective candidates that have deviated too far from their longer-term trends, thereby serving as potential starting points for those... (full story)
Wolf Richter - Daily Reckoning - Fri Mar 27, 3:34PM CDT
This post Beware: Fracking Is Where Money Goes to Die appeared first on Daily Reckoning .
Wolf Richter updates the latest wave of defaults and bankruptcies in the energy sector. As you'll see, even Janet Yellen saw this coming...
The post ... (full story)
Direxion - a renowned player in the leveraged and inverse leveraged ETF world - has recently launched two new products focusing on the dividend space: The Direxion Value Line Mid- and Large-Cap High Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA: VLML ) and the Direxion... (full story)
Leo Kolivakis - Seeking Alpha - Fri Mar 27, 1:37PM CDT
(click to enlarge) Steven Davidoff Solomon, professor of law at the University of California, Berkeley, wrote a comment for the New York Times reports, General Motors' Stock Buyback Follows a Worrying Trend : General Motors' announcement that... (full story)
ETFtrends.com - ETF Trends - Fri Mar 27, 1:16PM CDT
After the swift sell-off in growth stocks, semiconductor exchange traded funds are in the negative for the year, and some traders are betting on further weakness ahead.
Over the past week, the Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSEArca: SMH ) ... (full story)
Stephen Petranek - Daily Reckoning - Fri Mar 27, 1:00PM CDT
This post Biking the Tube appeared first on Daily Reckoning .
Every city in the world seems to be jealous of New York’s marvelous High Line, an ancient abandoned elevated rail line that has been converted into a park. Now cities everywhere are... (full story)